No-Slavery Craft Chocolate Makers
How to find your chocolate choice
Your best chocolate choice is chocolate made through Direct Trade.
What is Direct Trade? Chocolate makers buy the key ingredients needed to make chocolate directly from the farmers who grow the cacao beans or from the suppliers who guarantee that there is no slavery in any of their supply chains.
Direct Trade allows the buyer to ensure that organic or sustainable growing and harvesting methods are always used, that adults are the only ones doing the work, and, most important, that children are not involved: there is no slavery or forced labour, child or adult.
Direct Trade also means that there isn’t anybody in the middle between the grower and the buyer allowing the buyer to pay the grower more than the “market” would, which means the grower earns a reasonable living to afford schooling for their children and health care, too. There is no need for child slavery or forced child labour.
- Truffle Pig Chocolate, Burnaby, BC
- ChocoSol Traders, Toronto, ON
- Cocoaro, Port Moody, BC
- Hummingbird Chocolate, Almonte, ON
- Kasama Chocolate, Vancouver, BC
- Kin + Pod Chocolate, Calgary, AB
- Pearl Street Chocolate, Hamilton, ON
- Sirene Chocolate, Victoria, BC
- Soul Chocolate, Toronto, ON
- The Chocolate Project, Toronto, ON
- Viva Cacao Slocan, BC
- Xocolat Chocolate, Sooke, BC
- Wild Mountain Chocolate, Invermere, BC
- World Tree Chocolate, Guelph, ON
- Luisa Abram Brazil
- Slave Free Chocolate, USA